Saturday, August 20, 2011

Initial post of madness

I don't even know where to start. Luckily, tonight was a quiet one because Marcos went to my husband's aunt's house to spend the night. Being 3 he is quite a handful and takes the most energy to deal with. Since I was about 2-3 months pregnant he has started this crying/whining phase that has lasted longer than we would like. At this point, we're assuming it will probably last until the baby is born, and then who knows how much longer after that. Even Justin has started acting like a baby at times with whining/crying and baby talk. Being 6 and going into the first grade, though, this is just too much!

Earlier today Marcos came up from the basement with a reusable grocery bag. I asked him what he had in the bag, so he started taking out the items. One of them was a mallet we use when we go camping. I told him what it was and said it was like a hammer. He said, "Like to hit Justin with." I said, "No, we don't hit people with hammers." He went on to say, "But that happens sometimes." Oh boy, does it ever in our house, unfortunately! I just thought it was too funny, though, hearing Marcos say that.

I have been on bed rest for about two weeks now and am going out of my mind with boredom. I really need to have someone come over who knows how to knit and teach me. I need something else to do to pass the time besides watch tv, read and surf the internet. I could be on bed rest for another 9 weeks, so knitting would be something to help me pass the time. I would love to knit blankets and booties, or whatever baby stuff I could knit. It would also be neat to knit each one of my boys their own blanket. I know of people that taught themselves to knit by watching it on the internet. I think I'd rather have someone personally teach me.

We got a wheelchair off Freecycle a week or so ago, but I have yet to get out and use it. I feel kind of funny using a wheelchair, but tomorrow we are planning on going to IKEA just so I can get out of the house. My husband will push me around in the wheelchair, so hopefully both boys will be able to walk without complaining. We usually have the sit and stand so they both have a place they can sit when they get tired of walking. When we try to go places without a stroller, either one or both of the boys start complaining that they are too tired to walk. Marcos usually ends up on my husband's shoulders and Justin has no choice bbut to walk.

My next doctor appointment is in a week on the 29th. I'm hoping my cervix is holding strong so maybe the doctor will ease up on this strict bed rest. I'll be 26 weeks, 6 days then, so it's a little early for going off bed rest completely, but I would at least like to be able to cook for my family. We've been blessed with ladies from the Mom's Club and friends bringing dinners by, but I feel so guilty like I should be the one cooking for my family. So far, the baby has been measuring right on target, but the last time I went to the high risk doctor, he mentioned that the ventricle measurements were on the high end of normal. I called back later that day to ask what the measurements were and was told 9mm and 10mm. Anything over 10mm is considered abnormal, so I'm a little concerned but trying not to get too worried. I also have high amniotic fluid, but I had that with Marcos and everything was fine. They never did figure out why I had high amniotic fluid with him.

Well, I'm quite tired now and need to get off the internet and try to get some sleep. Lately, I've been waking up at 5:00 and can't get back to sleep. Being on bed rest, though, I just take a nap later in the morning or afternoon, sometimes even both! Yes, I know some of you may be jealous, but bed rest is no picnic. Not long-term anyway. I wouldn't mind it if it was just a week or two, but the enjoyment has worn off. I want to get up and exercise, walk the dogs, do the laundry, cook dinner, play with my boys outside, take a vacation at the beach and so on. Of course, none of that is going to happen right now. My husband is doing his best at taking over my "job." He's realizing it's much more difficult than he ever thought. Sometimes, I think he even wishes he could just go back to work. That's probably an easier job! :)

Well, that's all for now. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment