Monday, August 22, 2011

Crazy trip to IKEA

Well, yesterday, we did end up going to IKEA in the afternoon during the scattered thunderstorms. Traffic was a little heavier than I thought it would be and the boys acted up more than I thought they would in the car. A half hour trip felt like an eternity with the screaming, fighting and throwing things in the car. Oh, the joys of two rambunctious boys!

When we got to IKEA, just looking at the parking lot made me cringe. Okay, so it was a Sunday and I figured it would be crowded but I had never been there before and didn't realize how overcrowded it could be. It was raining when we got there so getting in a wheelchair in the rain wasn't my idea of fun. Luckily, my husband did find an umbrella under all the mess the boys made. We got in the store and went to wait in line for about 20 minutes just to get the boys in the play area. Luckily, they measured Marcos with his shoes on because without them he was too short to stay. I really dislike that they have a height requirement instead of an age requirement. It's really unfair for short children like mine!

After dropping them off, my husband was left trying to maneuver me in a wheel chair through a maze of people oblivious to us. He accidentally ran over a man's feet when he decided to walk right in front of us. I really feel for people who have a true handicap and need to be in a wheelchair all the time. It's no fun and people just stare like they have no manners. I told my husband never again did I want to go out in the wheelchair and would just be homebound until my doctor allowed me to get out again. I really cannot stand being at the mercy of someone else and waiting for them to push me where I want to go. For someone who is used to being in control of so much, this is just too much for me to take.

The boys had a great time in the play area and Marcos cried because he did not want to leave. That's typical for him, though. I'll be glad when he gets out of this crying phase. Funny thing is, Milton's family says that he acts so different when we leave him at their house. They say you don't even realize there's a child there because he behaves so well and doesn't cry. The minute my husband picks him up and brings him home, he's crying. Oh what joy! Also, Justin went right back to acting like a baby as soon as Marcos came home and he started bothering Marcos right away. When Marcos is gone, Justin says he misses him. That's only because he has no one to bother and make cry. Marcos has now learned to retaliate and fights Justin back. They both end up hurt and crying. I wonder what will happen when the next boy is born and old enough to play with them. Three boys fighting and crying is not something I want to look forward to!

Right now it's quiet in the house because Justin is at sports camp from 9-3 and Marcos is upstairs playing with dad. It's much more pleasant when we have the boys one-on-one, which is why I can't wait for school to start again. I love my boys, but there's only so much whining, crying, fighting and screaming I can take. I wish they would learn to get along and love each other and play nicely with each other. Wishful thinking on my part! Hopefully, they will get along better as they get older, but who knows.

We have another mom from the Mom's Club bringing dinner over tonight. We have been so grateful for all the support these ladies are offering us. My husband especially feels better that he doesn't have to worry so much about what to do for dinner, as he has enough trying to keep up with the daily tasks of taking care of the boys, taking them to and from camp, trying to clean up there neverending messes, doing laundry and catering to me. He goes back to work next week, so it will be interesting to see how things go then. Luckily, Marcos is spending most of next week with Milton's family and Justin starts school, so I don't have to worry about doing too much.

Thank you to a friend of mine, Cassandra, I was able to watch a video to learn how to knit, so now I just need the knitting supplies. I'm not even sure which store you get knitting supplies from, but I'll be sending my husband I guess. Since we're Redskins fans, it would be nice to knit a maroon and yellow blanket for the boys. Jason has one in Cowboys colors from his aunt since he is a Cowboys fan. YUCK! I tease him all the time about being a Cowboys fan in the Washington, DC area. When he was younger, he used to cry when they would lose a game, especially when they lose to the Redskins. Now he just makes excuses as to why they lost.

Well, time for me to lay back down for a little while. Sadly, I now really look forward to when the mailman delivers the mail so I have an excuse to get up. When I get one of my magazines in the mail, it's like I hit the jackpot because I have new material to look through and read. Yes, I have a sad and boring life right now. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, though, in about 9 more weeks. Hopefully, it will go by fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment